Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all my name is Roberto and I have a challenger rt 5.7 of 2015 manual

after many searches and video clips I have come to choose between these 2 exhaust systems

I like them because they say they have very little drone and have a real muscle car sound

what would you recommend?

I heard that many users complain about zoomers because of the flutter and noise inside the exhaust, what does that mean exactly?

Solo performance are all happy as quality but I would like a little stronger as zoomers.

I'm very undecided, help me guys !!!

thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
In my opinion Zoomers has recreated the old school sound better than anyone. As far as the flutter... it isn't a big deal to me, and I think it is worse on cars with a split MOPAR exhaust tips like I have. I have heard people complain about flutter who don't have Zoomers and they blamed it on the tips. I have no idea about the noise inside the exhaust??? I have never heard that or what it means...

Zommers are loud and strong, sound the closest to old school, and have zero drone. A little flutter is not a big deal to me. Maybe the flutter is the trade off in design to make something without drone?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not being able to hear the various sounds live it is difficult to understand this flutter.

I want to reuse the original tips and I saw a video that compared them to the mopar and they have a lot less flutter.

I'm afraid it can be annoying while I drive.

then I do not understand why someone complains and some do not, the flutter is the fault of the "propeller" inside the muffler?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
226 Posts
In my opinion Zoomers has recreated the old school sound better than anyone. As far as the flutter... it isn't a big deal to me, and I think it is worse on cars with a split MOPAR exhaust tips like I have. I have heard people complain about flutter who don't have Zoomers and they blamed it on the tips. I have no idea about the noise inside the exhaust??? I have never heard that or what it means...

Zommers are loud and strong, sound the closest to old school, and have zero drone. A little flutter is not a big deal to me. Maybe the flutter is the trade off in design to make something without drone?
Good input on the Zoomers! Have you heard the Solo system? If so how would you describe the Solo systems sound? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
I'm a fan of the SOLO exhaust, I've heard both

The video clip is my car with SOLO catback installed

Do a search on this forum, there are lots of threads on this topic

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your answers guys! I have read many threds but if you do not listen to them in person it is difficult to choose. I have a 2015 and I do not know if it changes the sound for this model compared to 2014

I would like solo performance a little stronger

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the Solo exhaust. Been on for a couple years. Very nice but the rap when you change gears is very noticable. If you don't like that sound you should get Corsa or another exhaust that masks this sound. The exhaust game is very fickle to the personal choice.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
226 Posts
I have the Solo exhaust. Been on for a couple years. Very nice but the rap when you change gears is very noticable. If you don't like that sound you should get Corsa or another exhaust that masks this sound. The exhaust game is very fickle to the personal choice.
What sound when you change gears? Any videos?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should have understood what you mean by "rap" when you change gear. I do not mind that sound but it must be a muscle car and not a "rasp"

I have a manual

what do you say?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok. what is your exhaust as you could call it loud?

is deep and rumbler?

have pop in deceleration?

thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought the exhaust only had a deep sound, from the videos it looks like a nice tone from the 60s muscle car

1 - 13 of 13 Posts