Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jegs or what? I looked at the zoomers website..and there different prices..i will be buying a 6 sp when i get back. i want these bad. just dont know which ones to get.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
You can buy direct from Zoomers ya know. Just go to their website. Once you find the system you want, call and ask for the owner, Frank, and see what kind of deal and can get you. Maybe save you a few dollars.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I ordered mine direct from Zoomers...unless you can find a group buy somewhere or a discount, buying from the source should work...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Call Zoomers directly (I did), tell Frank you're from ChallengerTalk and ask for a deal... He'll hook you up!

Zoomers exhausts are essential to life in a Challenger! I drove the 392 and actually MUCH prefered the sound of my 6.1L with the Zoomers cat-back!

(of course, a 392 with Zoomers would be unstoppable!)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats ur hook up price? PM if you want to be discreet.. lol also does he honor military discounts...deployed right now but i will pull the trigger on those, with no reserve!!!!!!!! THEY SOUND AMAZING!!! I had a Camaro 10 SS with SLPs and Vram CAI..sounded good but when i heard sound clips from these beauties i was like dauuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyymm!! thanks for the replies guys!!

SSG SD

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am curious too, since i have been watching the other thread in the mods section....if i can sell my Corsa set-up i would go on the Zoomers...i see Jegs has them on sale right now...but saw a price someone quoted on another site for couple hundred less than that. thanks!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Either Zoomers or check some for sale ads here and elsewhere... not everyone can handle Zoomers and look to sell them occassionally (that's how I got mine a few years back).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so i had my wife talk to frank last night my time..Jegs would be cheaper...But does the Catback being polished have any effect on sound? As you know, both set ups are the same: one polished, one not. Now if its just a beauty thing..i dont care. There under the car! lol.. Now if I purchased the unpolished ones and the sound is degraded..I will go ahead and get the $$$$$ ones. Just need to know that before i pull the switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok so i had my wife talk to frank last night my time..Jegs would be cheaper...But does the Catback being polished have any effect on sound? As you know, both set ups are the same: one polished, one not. Now if its just a beauty thing..i dont care. There under the car! lol.. Now if I purchased the unpolished ones and the sound is degraded..I will go ahead and get the $$$$$ ones. Just need to know that before i pull the switch.

Polishing will have no effect on sound just bling!!!

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Even with the standard system, being stainless steel, it is shiny. Polishing it just makes it look like chrome almost. Still, the mufflers themselves are polished I think even on the standard system. Just an added cost if you want to go the extra mile. When I bought mine, polishing was like $100 more so I went with it, now its like $250. The only time the polished system really stands out is when you are exiting a parking lot and the car's butt goes up in the air and the guy behind you is looking under your car or when it's on a service rack. So, take that for what's it worth. No difference in sound whatsoever.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Polished = 25hp at least (almost as good as red paint!)

Kidding...

I had a good experience doing business with Frank. Speedlogix carries them too. I'd check their prices first. you are going to LOVE them!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Can't tell from the picture but if the ad doesn't say polished, then you can bet it's not going to be regardless of what picture they have showing.
Zoomers Exhaust #041-C-SRT8
Stainless Steel Exhaust System
2008-09 Challenger SRT8 6.1L
Short Barrel Dual Exhaust
Utilize Stock OEM Tip
(((Polished Stainless Mufflers & Resonators)))

I guess the mufflers and resy are polished....nowthat i think about it the only thing that needs to sexy are the tips! who cares whats underneath? from the zoomers ad and from the jegs ad they look the EXACT same..but im gullible on stuff like this.. i just want want want...lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, and so your downfall into modding has begun. lol. Want that, need that, Oh, gotta have that. It never ends. :)

BTW: I used my stock tips. I wanted things to look stock, but that's just me.

yep it was the same way for my 2010 camaro SS! lol. And for the tips IMO the tips from zoomers are not that attractive (they look like mini vacuum cleaner heads) so i might just sell and buy some slp or borla ones...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I just called Frank from Zoomers and told him I was a member of the LX forums and received 15% off. I used my OEM tips to keep additional costs down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts